CAMP DATES FOR 2014
June 16 - June 20 - Full
July 7 - July 11
July 28 - Aug 1
Aug 8 - Aug 15
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Sneak Away Riding Club ~
In consideration of the services of Sneak Away Riding Club, their agents, owners, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other perso out jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: Contact with wild animals, hiking and exns or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “SARC”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge SARC, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in horseback riding entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical simply cannot be eliminated with posure to the elements. A horse, regardless of its training and usual past behavior, may act unpredictably at times based upon instinct or fright which may cause you to be thrown from your horse or injured by the horse. Horses may do such things as bite, kick, buck, lie down, or stumble. Saddles may slip and other tack or saddle problems may develop as a result of normal use and wear. Your horse may collide with obstacles or encountervariations in terrain such as creeks, water, bridges, traveled roads, wild animals, birds, stump, forest growth, debris, rocks and cliffs and other obstacles whether obvious or not and whether man made or natural. Each of those obstacles or variations in terrain could cause you to lose control of your horse and you could fall. Riding a horse requires the participant to balance on the saddle. Participants may lose their balance that can result in falling from the horse. Furthermore, SARC employees seek safety, but they are not infallible.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless SARC from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of SARC’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of SARC.
4. Should SARC or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against SARC, I agree to do so solely in the state of
7. PLEASE BE ADVISED UNDER
PROFESSIONAL IS NOT LIABLE FOR AN INJURY TO OR THE DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES
RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISKS OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against SARC on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Signature of Participant ________________________________ Print Name _____________________________________
Phone ( )____________________ Cell ( )__________________________ Date ________________________
PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION (Complete for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of (print participants name) __________________________ (“Minor”) being permitted by SARC to participate in
its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless SARC from any and all Claims
which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.
Parent (Mother) _______________________________ Print Name ________________________ Date _______________
Parent (Father) ________________________________ Print Name ________________________ Date __